In this post I am going to show you 12 months gardening guidance. This is a post of monthly gardening calendar guide that will provide you what you need to grow. You might also love these 15 Fascinating Outdoor Hanging Planter Ideas to Illuminate Your Yard and Best Ideas To Grow Fruit Trees In Containers.
12 Month Gardening Calendar Guide
- Set goals and make plans for your outdoor spaces.
- Add tropical houseplants indoors to improve air quality.
- Treat yourself to gardening gloves.
- Start tomato and other vegetable seeds in peat pots.
- Grow salad greens and herbs indoors with seed starting trays.
- apply pre-emergent to prevent weeds in lawns.
- Build raised garden beds and cultivate vegetable garden beds.
- Perform a soil test in your garden and amend soil with compost.
- Plant spring flowering shrubs like azaleas.
- Apply lawn fertilizer, repair and seed bare patches.
- Plant vegetables outside once soil warms to 60 Fahrenheit in the day.
- Feed new seedlings with a balanced fertilizer.
- Direct sow veggies like cucumbers and watermelon after last frost.
- Spread mulch to control weeds and conserve water.
- Pick up a hanging basket or orchid for your favorite mom.
- Deter mosquitoes from the yard by eliminating standing water.
- Plant annuals in flowers beds and containers.
- Stake or cage tomatoes.
- Monitor and treat plants for pests.
- Promote plant growth with regular fertilizing & watering.
- Plant vegetables for a second harvest.
- Check hoses and purchase new.
- Ask a neighbor to water while you’re away on vacation.
- Harvest tomatoes and vegetables from the garden.
- Enjoy homegrown watermelon on the 4th of July.
- Make plans for fall gardening projects.
- Pick, pickle and preserve garden produce.
- Plant vegetables for fall and winter harvest.
- Preserve herbs by drying and freezing.
- Plan for a cover crop (Sow one month before first frost).
- Refresh your doorstep or patio with containers of fall annuals.
- Divide and plant perennials such as hosta.
- Plant perennial ornamental grasses.
- Bring tender plants in containers inside before the first frost.
- Add fall color with mums and pumpkins.
- Rake and mulch leaves.
- Plant trees and shrubs, also spring flowering bulbs.
- Empty and put away garden hoses and accessories.
- Force paperwhites and amaryllis for Christmas blooms.
- Prepare next year’s flower beds.
- Clean and store garden tools, then seal with gear oil and let dry.
- Enjoy the bounty of your harvest at your Thanksgiving table.
- Find the perfect, fresh cut Christmas tree.
- Decorate with poinsettias and evergreen garland.
- Clean and store power tools for winter.
- Choose orchids and tropical house plants for gift-giving.
Buy Now @ Amazon